Monday, October 17, 2011

Alone?

Feeling Nervous!! Have my doctor appointment this Thursday to see an endocrinologist known for working with people in a one on one way to balance the Thyroid. So many years of wondering if I had a Thyroid problem and having it disproved by every doctor due to a "normal" TSH. I have learned so much in these past few weeks since my diagnosis. There is a TON of great information out there on the WEB.

Mary Shomon has a fantastic website, to access it see Helpful Links on my Blog. It is listed under Thyroid Information. She is incredibly knowledgeable and a well known and published Thyroid patient advocate.

Bottom line, most doctors and endocrinologists do not work with you to find YOUR balance and correct dose of meds. Once your numbers are within "normal" they call it quits, so to speak,  and consider you regulated. DO NOT accept this!!! You have a right to feel good, and a right to seek out doctors who truly DO work with you!!!

Sometimes you feel SO ALONE, but help is out there!!!! Trust me, I know the feeling. I am nervous because that is just part of who I am, and because I want so much for this to work. Been feeling too crappy for too long now, time to get some improvement. Not looking for the moon here, just a tiny glimmer of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.